From the leaf of a tall grass native to Asia, Citronella essential oil has a crisp, fresh aroma. With powerful pest repellent benefits, Citronella oil keeps creepy-crawlers out of the house and off your skin and clothing. It is an ideal companion for camping, hiking, and trips to the great outdoors. The oil works by masking the human fragrances that insects find appealing. Oil components include citronellal and geraniol, which are good for cleaning surfaces in and outside the home. When inhaled, Citronella promotes happy, positive feelings. Applied topically, it can be soothing to the skin and scalp.
- Diffuse to ward off insects, especially mosquitoes.
- Combine with carrier oil and rub onto skin as a topical insect repellent.
- Mix with water in a spray bottle and spritz onto surfaces as a natural surface cleanser.
- Diffuse to promote a cheery, optimistic environment.
- Use in shampoo and conditioner to boost cleansing while adding shine.
Directions For Use
Aromatic use: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.